Constituição de Fundos de Private Equity
Nossos advogados têm uma vasta experiência na constituição de fundos de private equity, muitos dos quais têm uma estrutura sofisticada envolvendo valores e obrigações de grande porte. Atuamos como assessores internacionais de vários patrocinadores e administradores de tais fundos. Para tanto, desenvolvemos estruturas de fundos que sejam eficientes, levando em consideração os objetivos do investimento pretendido, bem como questões de ordem fiscal e legal relacionadas ao mercado de capitais e investimentos estrangeiros. Negociamos todos os aspectos de um fundo de private equity quando da sua constituição – desde a elaboração dos documentos necessários para sua constituição até a negociação de participações estratégicas. Mesmo após a sua constituição, continuamos prestando assessoria jurídica ao fundo. Já representamos patrocinadores e investidores em fundos privados com os mais diversos interesses e estratégias de investimento, tais como a recompra de valores mobiliários (buyout), reestruturação de dívida (distressed debt), fundos voltados para infraestrutura, fundos internacionais e regionais, venture capital, fundos de hedge e de investimento em quotas de outro fundo.
Leia Mais »
Selected Recent Representations Include:
- Counsel to Helios Investment Partners in connection with the formation of its second private equity fund, Helios Investors II, with aggregate commitments from investors of over $900 million and the largest pan-African investment fund to date.
- Counsel to TPG Capital in the formation of TPG Growth II, an investment fund focused on small- and middle-market growth equity and buyout investments in developed and emerging markets.
- Counsel to TPG in the formation and structuring of TPG Specialty Lending, a business development company focused on loan origination to middle-market companies.
- International counsel to TPG in connection with its partnership with the municipal governments of Shanghai and Chongqing, two of the largest cities in China, to raise and manage two Chinese RMB-denominated investment funds.
- Counsel to TPG Opportunities Advisors in the formation of TPG Opportunities Partners II, an investment fund focused on special situations and distressed credit investments.
- Counsel to The Raine Group in connection with the formation of its first private equity fund, Raine Partners I.
- Counsel to Victoria Capital Partners (formerly DLJ South American Partners) in connection with the formation of its second private equity fund, Victoria South American Partners II, a Latin America-based private equity fund.
- Counsel to KKR in the formation of KKR Asian Fund II, a private equity fund formed to make private equity investments throughout Asia, and the KKR China Growth Fund, a private equity fund formed to pursue growth investment opportunities in Greater China.
- Counsel to MBK Partners in connection with the formation of MBK Partners Fund III, a private equity fund based in and focusing on Asian investments.
- Counsel to Credit Suisse in the formation of Emerging Markets Credit Opportunity Fund.
- Counsel to J.P. Morgan Chase in connection with the formation of a conduit fund to invest in the Blackstone Real Estate Partners VII Fund.
- Counsel to an international bank in the formation of a global private equity fund focused on natural resource investment opportunities.
- Counsel to a group of the largest U.S. fund sponsors and to the European Private Equity Roundtable in connection with the proposed EU Directive regulating alternative investment fund managers.
- Counsel to Health Evolution Partners as a limited partner in numerous private equity funds.
- Counsel to Blackstone Alternative Asset Management L.P. in connection with the formation of customized funds and accounts for single investors.
Client Service Award for Investment Funds
Chambers USA (2012)
Leading firm in private equity fund formation
Chambers Global and Chambers USA (2004-2012)
“Maintaining a quality investment funds practice, this US-based group is continually praised for its excellent work and dedicated focus. ‘An excellent team. They have fantastic service and great clients.’”
Chambers Global (2013)
“This New York-based firm stands out for its fund formation work and strong transactional private equity practice. ‘Their client service focus is very impressive – our overall opinion of the firm is very positive, and we will look for more opportunities to work with them.’”
Chambers Global (2012)
“Current trends focusing on emerging markets and the internationalization of the industry play to Cleary’s key strengths in this space. Already a strong global player, the firm has been active this year in China, Latin America and Africa … Clients are impressed with the team’s creative approach to structuring as well as the depth of their expertise in pervasive regulatory matters. … ’Very smart, great problem solvers, incredibly commercial and they don’t take ridiculous positions on things. They are mindful of the fact that people need to get business done.’”
Chambers USA (2012)
“This highly regarded US firm is frequently enlisted as counsel for special projects, including the restructuring of private equity funds.”
Chambers Global (2011)