Megan Tang is a partner based in the Hong Kong office.
Ms. Tang’s practice focuses on cross-border securities and corporate transactions, including M&A, private equity investment, equity and bond offerings, U.S. and Hong Kong listings and other financings. She regularly advises public companies and their major shareholders and management on corporate governance and compliance matters, including general disclosure obligations, insider trading and FCPA/anti-corruption regulations.
Her recent experience includes the following:
- Counsel to the Special Committee of the Board of Directors of Winner Medical Group Inc. in its proposed going private transaction;
- Counsel to the Independent Committee of China GrenTech Corporation Limited in its proposed going-private transaction;
- Counsel to China Investment Corporation in its investment in AES Corporation, and a proposed wind power investment;
- Counsel to Baoxin Auto Group Limited and its shareholder in a HK$3.2 billion IPO of ordinary shares listed on the Stock Exchange of Hong Kong;
- Counsel to Citi and Morgan Stanley as underwriters in a Renminbi-denominated, US dollar-settled high yield bond offering by LDK Solar;
- Counsel to CITIC Securities Corporate Finance (HK) Limited as sole underwriter in a Renminbi bond offering by AB SVENSK EXPORTKREDIT;
- Counsel to ExecuJet AG in the negotiation and establishment of an aviation service joint venture in China with a Chinese conglomerate;
- Counsel to Merrill Lynch in the $245 million IPO and issue of ADRs in NYSE of Xinyuan (China) Real Estate, a Chinese real estate developer;
- Counsel to the underwriters led by Merrill Lynch, China International Capital Corporation Limited, Credit Suisse, Deutsche Bank and ICEA Capital Limited, in the $22 billion going private and IPO of Industrial and Commercial Bank of China Limited; and
- Counsel to the sellers in the placements of China Construction Bank valuing $7.3 billion and $2.8 billion, respectively.
Ms. Tang is distinguished as a leading lawyer in China by Chambers Asia
and IFLR 1000
– World's Leading Financial Law Firms Guide
Ms. Tang is a member of the Bar in New York and is admitted to practice in Hong Kong and England and Wales. She received an LL.B. degree from King’s College, University of London, in 1994. She is fluent in Mandarin, Cantonese and basic Hokkien.