За последние 65 лет фирма «Клири Готтлиб» превратилась в одну из очень немногих крупных юридических фирм, которые располагают необходимыми международными возможностями и ресурсами, чтобы предоставлять своим клиентам, работающим в сфере высоких технологий, четкие и выверенные юридические консультации, соответствующие динамичному и стремительно меняющемуся характеру индустрии информационных технологий. При этом, располагая 16 объединенными в единую сеть офисами в трех частях света, мы в состоянии осуществлять комплексное сопровождение трансграничных сделок, количество которых непрерывно растет.
Read More »
- Counsel to Hewlett-Packard in its $2.35 billion acquisition of 3PAR Inc., its $2.7 billion acquisition of 3Com Corporation, its $13.9 billion acquisition of Electronic Data Systems Corporation, and previous acquisitions of Ospware, Neoware, Knightsbridge Solutions, and Peregrine Systems.
- Counsel to Google on multiple aspects of its acquisition of Motorola Mobility, a deal which included more than 17,000 patents and was named an “M&A Deal of the Year” by The Deal. Also counsel to Google in the sale of Motorola Mobility’s Home Business to ARRIS Group, Inc. for $2.35 billion of cash and ARRIS stock and in its acquisitions of technology, telecom and media companies, including ITA Software, AdMob and Admeld.
- Counsel to Western Digital in the global antitrust aspects of its $4.8 billion acquisition of Hitachi’s hard drive business.
- Counsel to 3M in its $943 million acquisition of Cogent through a tender offer followed by a second step merger.
- Counsel to The Home Depot in its acquisition of Redbeacon, a home services marketplace web company.
- Counsel to the special committee of the board of directors of Interactive Data in the $3.4 billion leveraged buyout of the company by a private equity consortium.
- Counsel to trade association ECIS and others in the European Commission’s investigations in the Microsoft case relating to abuses of Microsoft's dominant position in PC operating systems, which resulted in the EC obtaining certain concessions from Microsoft.
- Counsel to EMC Corp. on the antitrust aspects of its $2.25 billion all-cash acquisition of Isilon Systems, a fast-growing Scale-out Network Attached Storage systems company. Also counsel to EMC in obtaining clearance from the Federal Trade Commission to acquire Data Domain without a second request, clearing the way for Data Domain to accept EMC’s offer and withdraw from its agreement with NetApp.
- Counsel to TPG Capital in its acquisition of Vertafore from Hellman & Friedman and its co-investor JMI Equity for total consideration of $1.4 billion and in the debt and equity financing for the acquisition.
- Counsel to Agfa-Gevaert in a series of ICC arbitrations against a German group of companies and insolvency receiver in connection with disputes arising out of Agfa-Gevaert’s carve-out and divestiture of its former consumer imaging division in November 2004.
- Counsel to the underwriters, led by Citigroup Global Markets, JPMorgan Securities and Lehman Brothers, in the $1.1 billion SEC-registered initial public offering of VMware – one of the largest software IPOs in the United States since 2004.
- Counsel to TPG, Carlyle and Permira in their $18.4 billion acquisition of Freescale Semiconductor, the largest-ever leveraged buyout of a technology company, to TPG in its $11.3 billion acquisition of SunGard Data Systems, and to TPG and Newbridge Capital in their investment in a leading Chinese computer manufacturer, Lenovo.
- Counsel to SONY BMG in the successful closure of the European Commission's investigation into the sale of music through the Apple’s iTunes platform.
- Counsel to RealNetworks and trade association ECIS, SIIA and a variety of other clients in the United States and the European Union in winning a landmark judgment before the European Court of First Instance in the Microsoft case.
- Counsel to LG.Philips LCD and its U.S. subsidiary, LG.Philips LCD America, in the U.S. Department of Justice investigation of possible price-fixing in the LCD panel industry and related civil class actions.
- Counsel to PeopleSoft Inc. in its $10 billion acquisition by Oracle Corporation and related litigation that resulted in PeopleSoft shareholders receiving a price 65 percent above Oracle’s original bid.
- Counsel to Compaq on a wide range of Internet, legal and regulatory issues in connection with distribution and privacy.
- Counsel to Acon Investments and Newbridge Latin America in connection with the establishment of Newbridge Technology Ventures, an investment group formed for the purpose of making investments in Internet and technology interests in Latin America.
M&A Deal of the Year,
Commended Firm for Intellectual Property
(Google's acquisition of Motorola Mobility)
The Deal (2012), Financial Times - U.S. Innovative Lawyers Report (2012)
Behavioral Competition Matter of the Year – Europe
(Defense of IBM in abuse of dominance case)
Global Competition Review (2012)
#2 in U.S. High Technology M&A (Announced, value)
Thomson Reuters (2010 Rankings)
Two of the Top Ten Business Deals of the Year
(HP's acquisition of EDS and Google's acquisition of AdMob)
South East Asia Debt Market Deal of the Year and Singapore Deal of the Year
(Chartered Semiconductor’s capital raising plan)
Asian Legal Business (2006)
“Cleary Gottlieb is a pillar of the international market, its New York and Washington, D.C. teams often advising foreign entities entering the American market. The group has particular clout in the technology sector.”
Chambers USA (2011)