- Counsel to the ad hoc creditors committee of Aracruz Celulose S.A. in the restructuring of over $3 billion of derivative and bilateral bank debt.
- Counsel to Stora Enso Oyj in the leveraged sale of Stora Enso North America to NewPage, a portfolio company of Cerberus Capital Management, as well as in its split-off of Corenso. We also represented Stora Enso Oyj in its previous €4 billion acquisition of Consolidated Papers Inc.
- Counsel to the Anglo-French paper group Arjo Wiggins Appleton in several matters, including winning an appeal before the European Court of First Instance in a dispute over a fine imposed for alleged price-fixing and market-sharing in the carbonless paper sector.
- Counsel to Shanghai-based Sateri International in the $350 million project financing for the expansion of the Bahia Pulp Mill in Brazil.
- Counsel to Ahlstrom Corporation in various matters, including its €200 million IPO of ordinary shares on the Helsinki Stock Exchange.
- Counsel to Zellstoff Stendal in its more than €1 billion financing of a pulp mill—one of the largest-ever industrial project financings in Germany.
- Counsel to Copamex, Mexico's leading producer of paper products, in its expansion of a strategic partnership with European paper company Svenska Cellulosa Aktiebolaget.